About the job:
HOLOGATE is seeking a highly motivated R&D Engineer – Embedded Hardware to join our team. If you’re driven by a passion for pushing technological boundaries and possess a knack for designing and developing embedded hardware solutions, this role offers an exciting avenue for your expertise. Join our dynamic team as we create the next generation of immersive experiences!
- A competitive salary
- Intensive onboarding and individual training
- High growth potential
- Flexible work arrangements with core hours / work-life balance
- A great team spirit in a dynamic and international working environment
- Development of embedded hardware for the creation of circuit diagrams and layouts for microcontroller-based controls to augment our mechatronic products.
- Co-design and development of enhancements for specific items used by uniformed services in the security sector
- Conceptual input and application of 3D design prototypes in the development phase
- Hardware-related programming of microcontrollers using various libraries and programming languages – from webhooks, C++ or Python
- Assembly, integration and module tests of prototypes right up to transfer to series-production readiness
- Integration of embedded hardware into the overall structure of the final product in cooperation with application development and project management
- Creation and maintenance of component libraries
- Creation of technical documentation
- Degree or comparable qualification in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering or electrical engineering.
- At least three years of professional experience in embedded hardware development or a similar field
- High level of technical understanding of hardware-related circuitry, analogue and digital technology, sensors, actuators and potential microcontrollers for use in applications
- Experience in the application and optimisation of various communication protocols, e.g. Zigbee, Z-Wave, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc.
- The ability to fully grasp complex systems in a solution-oriented manner
- Strong quality awareness
- Confident in the use of common design tools and board layout software
- Creative thinker who enjoys working independently in an agile development team
- Excellent communication skills in English and German
HOLOGATE is the market-leading immersive media company specializing in innovative extended reality (XR) solutions for entertainment and enterprise. With the largest VR network worldwide, our unforgettable virtual experiences and solutions are transforming the way the world entertains, trains, and simulates. We are pioneers at the forefront of innovation, uniquely tailored for the age of spatial computing, with an established track record of industry recognition.